***WARNING***
Long Picture Post.
Featuring our living room
Autumn 2026.
Autumn is my favorite time
for decorating.
However growing up, I never
used the word Autumn or Fall.
Most of you know that
both my maternal and paternal grandparents
had dairy farms.
They called this season
HARVEST
This was the season for harvesting
all of the crops and getting all
of the food needed for the long Winter,
prepared and stored for both themselves
and for their livestock.
It was a busy time.
Therefore this was the Harvest season for me.
It was not until I was a teen
when it felt awkward not calling it Harvest,
and I adapted to the words Autumn and Fall.
Did you ever call this season Harvest?
In other news,
we are not getting rid of our truck.
I meant I would not be needing the truck
again if and when we go back down
to Southwest Ohio.
Bob still uses his truck for the store.
In fact we went on a pick last Monday
and he bought a few small tables.
Seville Antiques is in Seville, Ohio.
They are closed both Monday and Tuesday.
I did want to go to Gleaners afterwards,
but since we knew the storms were
coming in, we opted not to.
Ya Ya, thank you for the invitation
to stay at your place.
The blogging community is so wonderful.
I did not realize I was that close to you either.
Maybe next time we can visit.
I sure hope all in the path of this
Nor'easter is safe and sound.
From what I hear it is going to be
a wicked dangerous storm.
Stay safe my friends.
First Harvest Weekend Blessings To All!
Janice
















I never used the word "harvest". Actually don't recall ever using the word fall as a teen, I just blindly accepted the weather changes without naming them.
ReplyDelete"It's the Harvest" or "Harvest season" was said here. We said Fall not Autumn. You could never post too many pictures of your decor! You have such wonderful things. You display them so nicely.
ReplyDelete