Friday, August 21, 2026

Friday Finishes

 Hello friends.
Well I am in Fall mode now.
Been stitching up and finishing some
Fall patterns...with some I started last year
and did not finish until now.


First is Hello Fall.


Instead of black and gray, I chose two
different colors of brown.


Made it into a pillow to display.


The next one I chose to stitch comes from
the Winds of Autumn Book by Blackbird Designs.
This pattern is called Autumn Sound.


I did not have all of the fancy floss for this,
therefore some of the colors were done in DMC
which was called for as well.
I changed the letter "B" to my initial of "J"
Made this sweet little design into another pillow.


Finally I finished Butternut Tavern.
This design was by Stacy Nash. 


This one I chose to frame.
A perfect one in my opinion.
The triangles in the frame mimic the ones
in the pattern somewhat.


Am looking forward to adding this
piece into my Autumn decor.

Have you started decorating for Fall now?

In other news,
my brother is changing up
 mom's house big time.
Not sure if I told you all he is purchasing
mom's house now.
Before mom's passing, the plan was for him
 to move in  because we were unable
to rent or sell it.
Otherwise mom would have lost her  
veterans benefit to stay in her studio apartment.
Well now he is going to purchase the house.
He already painted the bedrooms.
Mom's bedroom went from blue to tan.
Bedroom 1 went from off white to a rosy tan.
Bedroom 2 went from pink to blue.
He also did a drop down molding, so that
the ceiling color of off white comes 
down about 5 inches.
Pretty cool idea I thought.
He also painted the garage. 
My dad never had the garage painted,
which we all thought was odd.
He has to redo the master bath because
mold was found everywhere.
He ordered an island from the Amish for
the kitchen.
He also ordered from the Amish
wood cubbies in the mud room.
Am pretty sure mom would not like
any of these changes...
but this is his choice now. 
He will also be removing all of
 the wall to wall carpeting which was
original to the house being built
in 1991 to wood floor.

Well thats all I have for now.
Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.
I will be decorating and stitching.

Friday Blessings To All!
Janice 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.