Tuesday, August 25, 2026

A Wonderful Pick Me Up

 Back towards the end of July,
I was not in the best of moods.
Knowing my mom's days were numbered
had me in a funk.
At that time someone came into the store
to sell Bob some items.
He brought them home and my mood
changed from sad to happy....
for at least a day.


The first item was this Treenware
lidded wooden trinket box.


Second was this brown stoneware 
candle holder from the Civil War era.


Finally this children's horse.
Look at the detail in this fur.
Just amazing.


Some little child had fun riding this steed.
Hubby Bob knows me so well.
It was a wonderful pick me up.

In other news,
Saturday morning we had some
unexpected funnel clouds drop from
a thunderstorm into the water nearby.
Folks all over the mainland and islands
were taking pictures of these waterspouts.
Scary if you ask me because they could
have continued on land...
which one did on an uninhabited island.
We had no severe thunderstorm watches or warnings.
No tornado watches or warnings.
Nothing, zero, nada.


Picture above from Facebook of one
of the waterspouts (tornado).

This same storm passed directly over our house.
Another storm knocked out power
at the storm a half hour before closing,
so Bob came home early that day.
Thankfully it happened later in the day.

Heading today to my brother's.
Hope to stop at Tim Horton's
for my first pumpkin spice Iced Capp.
The one thing I miss about going to work.
I would treat myself to Tim Horton's.
I eat breakfast at home now.

Hoping everyone is enjoying their week thus far.

Wonderful Blessings To All!
Janice


1 comment:

  1. That Bob is good! He brought you some really nice things.
    The waterspouts are scary.
    We had a Tim Hortons in our town and it closed this summer. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.