Thursday, October 26, 2017

Thursday Musings


HELLLLOOO
out there.

I am back home........
finally.
Let me say for anyone who has to do a remodel
of a bathroom,
well lets just hope you have another bath in the house.
Ours has been 14 years in the making,
and we still did not plan it out like we had hoped.
One week tops.
That was what we thought it would take to finish.
Which ended up being almost 3 weeks.
I must say though I am very happy with the results.
Bob just has to hang the mirror,
and then I get to do the fun  part.
DECORATING.



However before I do that...
much much cleaning to do in the house.
There must be drywall dust, 
sawdust and bits of tile everywhere.
I even think our kitties may need a good brushing.


All crafting will be put on hold,
so I can clean this dirty house.


I did not get much done on my rug
 this past week at my mom's.
Each morning I white knuckled it to work
from her house.
She has way too many deer.


Each morning I rolled both front windows down.
Turned up the radio as high as it would go....
in hopes that the deer would hear me coming.


Call me crazy....
but each night driving home,
there were more and more
 dead deer on the side of the road.


I figured it was worth a try to blare the music.


One evening as I was pulling 
into my mom's driveway,
a baby deer was staring right at me from her backyard.
I slowly got out of the car,
went inside the house and told my mom
to look out her back windows.
Not only did we see that baby deer,
but another baby (twins) and 2 does as well.
All in her backyard.


Then there were the nights with no power.
Although I love my mom dearly
As Dorothy would say from the Wizard Of Oz.
"There's no place like home!"

I hope you enjoyed my pictures past.
As I settle back into the groove,
I will again post more.
Until then friends,
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
{we finally had our first frost}
Snow expected Monday.
{furnace is turned on}

Thursday Musing Blessings To All!
Janice




7 comments:

  1. I know you will now enjoy the bath remodel! It's been a tough journey for you. I look forward to seeing photos after you have everything decorated. I enjoyed your cute pics tonight. Blessings - stay cozy this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a bathroom that needs to be spruced up but we have another bathroom. I would be nervous with all the deer.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going through this remodeling phase also.. hopefully it'll be done in this November...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally broke down and turned the furnace on yesterday. A day I always dread. No frost yet by me. The advantage of living only 2 blocks from Lake Erie.
    I'm happy you are finally back home with a new bath!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I understand the frustration of remodeling! Whenever we have had a project, it always takes three to four times longer than what was laid out in the beginning. I am happy that you now are back home and just wrapping up the final details and clean-up. I can't wait to see photos of how it all looks.

    Oh my, those Halloween prims are adorable! That Witch with her black kitty, who has a pumpkin on his head, just caused me to laugh out loud. I am looking forward to the arrival of Diablo soon!! He will be staying out until Christmas with all of my other fall decorations. I squeeze every minute out of Sept-Nov. when it comes to enjoying fall decorations! LOL!!

    Have a wonderful weekend and stay cozy and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new bath! We have lived through remodeling two baths...at the same time! You'll enjoy it so much when it's all decorated and lovely! Have a great weekend.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you survived the heavy deer area. I almost hit one the other night. I just barely stopped in time!
    Everything takes longer than we originally think. That is my motto anyway. lol. I'm glad your bathroom is done and I hope the cleanup goes quickly for you so the decorating can commence!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.