Tuesday, September 2, 2014

September CupboardScape

Good evening dear sweet blogging buddies.
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
I spent my weekend finishing up loose ends for our show
in Holly, Michigan this Saturday.
Hope to see some of you there.
Its going to be a great show!

This month's CupboardScape is a simple one.
Since Bob has not hung my bowl rack yet,
I decided to use it now.


Added one of my colored bowls and two other early ones.
I have always loved blue.
In the early 90's it was the country plaid blue and navy.
Now back to a colonial blue.
It seems through the years my love of prims is evolving.


I started with tins and kitchenware
because it was all I could find in my area.
When Bob and I first started becoming antique dealers,
the owner of the antique mall thought we were crazy 
trying to sell primitives.
We told him we wanted to bring primitives into St Clair County.
He said they won't sell..but I guess you can try.
Try we did.
Bob built a porch and we added a window and decorated
that old new porch with the changing seasons.
We ended up being his number one dealers.
Crazy to bring primitives we joked.
When we found out the owner of the mall was dying of a rare lung disease,
and unsure what would happen with his mall,
we branched out to our own store.



Now a lot of our dealers are bringing in prims.
We educate them when they bring in a repo.
Its ever changing.
Even our home.


I still love my prims...
just looking for the unusual looking stuff now.


More dents.
More patina.
More character.
Well loved and used.
(just wish my pieces could talk to me)


I love anything old.
Now take these corn cobs...
I have had these now for over 20 years.
The mice have managed to eat the ends though. LOL

Old Time Blessings To All!
Janice

8 comments:

  1. wonderful photos!
    sounds like you changed a lot of people's homes!
    just wonderful to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes at the upcoming show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all those bowls!!!!!
    See ya Friday.....Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janice, I sure wish I could attend your show, I love your bowls, esp. the blue, they look so old and prim. Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Janice, loving those bowls, so beautiful. Great displays, always look forward to your prim scrapes. Great old corn even if mice eaten, I also have some old cobs but not that old.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janice, some wonderful prim eye candy! Looking forward to meeting you Friday... Can't believe it here... seems like I have been working about talking about it forever... and now... just about over...LOL... OLM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every piece has a story! Love the unique items too! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all things old and rusty. Good luck at the show.
    See you there!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.