Can you believe July is almost over.
It's been almost 4 months since I retired.
A few weeks ago, I called my former boss
to see what she was up to.
She answered her phone with a hello
in the form of a question.
I said hello back and asked
her how things were going.
She responded "it is you!"
I said well who do you think it was?
She responded by saying she thought
she forgot to change my office phone.
We both laughed.
5 of my co-workers have left
the bank since I retired.
Good people tired of what is going on.
She did not blame them.
She even said I got out at the right time.
I know I did.
Well now that I went off on that tangent,
here is my finish for this month.
Jeny Brimer.
I stitched this in honor of my grandfathers.
I placed it up on my heritage wall.
Well that go me thinking about something
I recently purchased at an antique store.
I measured....and yep it would fit.
So first I put up Mary Jane Kerr.
This one was stitched with
my grandmother's names.
So now both my grandparents are up on the wall.
This was the piece I purchased.
It is a tin candle holder from the
mid 1700's.
I may move up the piece below a bit now...
but am loving this wall.
To replace Mary Jane Kerr,
I added Margaret Beattie to
the top of my cabinet for now.
I cannot believe I started this
heritage wall journey back in 2023.
and the good news is now that I
re-arranged all of the furniture,
I have 2 more walls now.
Yippee
In other news,
we placed mom in Hospice now.
She was moved back to her apartment
on Tuesday via ambulance.
She will be monitored by the staff
every 2 hours, while the nurse will
visit daily.
She will be given soft food to eat...
and whatever she wants to drink.
However it will need to be in moderation
so she does not aspirate.
I wont be visiting her today,
but will go see her tomorrow.
I so appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers
as my family goes through
this very difficult time.
You all are the BEST!
Friday Blessings To All!
Janice






Am sure your previous boss appreciated your call, particularly since losing so many other employees in the last 4 months.
ReplyDelete