Wednesday, September 30, 2015

September CupboardScape

Whew, I made it.
Last day of the month, but I made it.
Good evening sweet blogging friends.
First I want to thank you all for your well wishes for my daughter.
The surgery went well, 
however her heart rate and blood pressure both remain high.
 She is still dehydrated from surgery
and cannot eat anything without it coming back up.
She will need to go back to the doctor tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well.
I cannot believe there are only 86 days until Christmas.
Yikes!

For my September CupboardScape,
the letters are "Q" and "R". 
For those that know me,
I have quite a few quilts, so that part was easy.


Another simple display.


Consisting of a Rag Rug.


Rug Beaters.


Plus a few Quilts.


I actually have quite a few, but could not bring them all out.
The others are being kept safe in a blanket chest...
and there is a cupboard on the blanket chest
that I could not lift up.
It is part of our upcoming bedroom redo.
However these quilts were in the hall closet.
I do bring them out when the weather gets chilly.
Yes we do use these!

Do any of you use your quilts in chilly weather?

September Cupboardscape Blessings To All!
Janice

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad your daughter's surgery went well. but the dehydration part is just dreadful! It unbelievable how bad it can make you feel! Hopefully she'll get caught up on her fluids. Love your quilts! I have a trunk full of them and I love every one of them! Have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice, glad to read your daughter's surgery is now behind her...Hope she is on the mend soon...dehydration is nothing to fool around with...I love quilts, but have just a few...I enjoy seeing all your wonderful collections , your home is prim perfect...Greetings, Julie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy your daughters surgery went well Janice. Love your quilts, I adore old quilts so much.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for your daughter; hope she feels well soon. I enjoyed your rug beaters and quilts. I think it is always nice to see and hear that people do use their quilts. I find it quite comforting to be snuggled up in a handmade quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your daughter is recovering. Hope she feels better soon. Yes I love useing quilts especially since the are heavier than comforters. Warm Blessings!~♥Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. We do use our quilts. Some are quite tattered but even the ones in really good shape, we use. Nothing better than taking a nap with the cool, Fall, Michigan breeze coming in and a cozy quilt to wrap up in.
    So glad your DD is doing okay. Hope they get the dehydration under control. Dehydration is wicked and makes you so sick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We cuddle under an old family quilt when watching tv. It seems all the old quilts I have have been in the family for years and are aging gracefully. Hope your DD is feeling better.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. my Mother once said to me "why aren't you using your quilts?' I said I am saving them and she said "What for?" The quilts in her day were made to be used. Best wishes to your daughter, don't want her to be sick.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.