Monday, September 7, 2015

August CupboardScape

Good morning sweet blogging friends.
Sorry I am once again late on my CupboardScape.
I broke my toe and am trying to recuperate.
Trying that is....
I came into the store today to learn our new machine
and add this post...
and well, now I fell on the outside steps
and hurt my ankle and hip.
I am such a dufuss.
At least now my toe don't hurt as much cause now 
my ankle hurts more.

On to last months CupboardScape.
August was the month for letters O and P.


A simple display.


Took this pic on an angle to show more of this 
apple Paddle.


Ovoid jugs.


Pantry Boxes.
These were used to hold salt, sugar and flour back in the day.


My favorite Oil Lamp, another Ovoid jug.
An orange Pomander that I made 3 years ago sits in front.


Although this does not have anything to do with this month's letters,
I wanted to show you all my latest find.
An early corn dryer. I need to find some field corn now to fill it up.
It will hold 3 dozen ears.

Well that does it for last month's CupboardScape.
Off to learn this machine and go home and elevate my ankle now.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Holiday weekend!

Labor Day Blessings To All!
Janice

6 comments:

  1. Oh sweet Janice stop hurting yourself!! I love that corn dryer!! AND there is a lot of field corn up there in the thumb!! What a great year for corn!! Take care and thanks for stopping by!!! XOXO Love Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh,Janice!! That's terrible! A broken toe is painful enough now you have to worry about your ankle and hip! Love those ovoid crocks....they are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice, sorry about your toe, ouch. Love your displays!!! hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you heal soon Janice - broken toes are so painful...you are not a dufus, the toe probably contributed to your fall - poor girl! Always learn something on your blog - I had to google Ovoid and apple paddle. What is an apple paddle anyway? LOL Thanks for sharing your awesome gatherings ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound like you're a banged up mess, Janice. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janice,
    I'm so sorry for your broken toe, and then the resulting fall!! Hope you are getting some needed TLC and feeling better!! Love the new display!! I have two apple paddles and have them propped in an old crock....love them!! I also love crocks and yours are beauties!! The corn dryer is wonderful and will look so good filled up with more corn!
    Take care of yourself and get well soon!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.