Good morning friends.
When Bob went to the store
the morning he moved the new cabinet
to the wall where I wanted...
my brain was on overload on how
I would decorate it for Autumn.
After lots of moving and rearranging,
I finally was happy with what I chose.
The top has a blue basket, apple cider jar,
and a hornbeam filled with orange leaves.
First shelf I placed the dried pumpkin gourd
on top of the faux wallpaper box,
colonial girl print and a bail handled pantry box
underneath the new pantry box I purchased.
Second shelf a blue pantry box, redware plate,
leather books, cross stitch piece I did,
with a bowl in front.
Third shelf a large cake crock, redware plate,
with a script crock jug.
4th shelf more crocks.
Now for some up close photos.
I bought this from Marie
Olde Lady Morgan.
If anyone remembers Marie,
She made the funkiest pumpkins.
I met her at a prim show one year,
and she is so very nice.
Very little is needed to make a happy life.
Pattern by Notforgotten Farm.
Dried walnuts in a 1700's bowl.
Pantry boxes.
Pumpkin gourd and wallpaper box.
Finally the whole shebang.
Draped this linsey woolsey blanket
over the door and then pinned this
early blue child's dress on.
I also added a blue coverlet piece
on top to hide the light cord.
The shelves are the same.
This one side looks more blue than red.
In my opinion, this was once a blue cabinet.
The person who brought it back to
it's original red paint forgot
to do this side.
You can also tell this on the door.
The outside is back to red,
but they only slightly brought
the red back on the inside.
The white dots were someone who
tried to cover up the square nails.
They failed doing it.
I would have left it the way it was.
The nails would have given it much
more character.
Oh well...no one will really notice.
When Bob and I saw this cabinet
at Seville Antiques,
it was completely filled with crocks,
so I knew than my heavy ones would
be safe in this.
In other news,
my BIL was given another
basketball coach award.
Last one was in 2014
where he was inducted into
the Michigan Basketball Coaches
Hall of Fame.
Now he was given the John Wooden
Legacy Award
for excellence, longevity,
character. leadership and service.
He taught high school math for 30 years.
Plus has been the varsity girls
basketball coach since 1983.
Congratulations Coach Gary Bennett.
Well deserved.
For the replacement of our store roof.
Bob went with the company who also
did our home one about 4 years ago.
They will do the store roof next week.
Bob also finished getting our Winter
wood pile ready.
We utilize our wood fireplace often.
The other one is an electric one.
Depending on the direction of the wind,
determines which room to stay in nightly.
How do you get ready for Winter?
Brain Overload Blessings To All!
Janice
Janice









No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.