Hello friends.
I decided to start two new samplers
for my heritage wall for August.
I actually started these towards the end of July.
The first one is a little one.
Little Quilt Block Sampler
by From The Heart.
Once completed will add in only initials
of my maternal family members.
For those who know me, these colors
are definitely not me.
However with the kaleidoscope of colors
that are already up on the wall,
this stitch will be a terrific addition
once it is completed.
Am stitching this on 36ct Winter Moon
using all the called for DMC floss.
Next up is AB 1816 Quaker Sampler.
I chose to stitch this one as it reminded me
of my paternal gramma's wallpaper
which hung in one of the rooms of her farmhouse.
Even the overall color of this looked just like
her wallpaper...so I had to stitch it.
Am using these DMC colors...
and yes there are only 4 colors.
Also once again not my prim colors.
Stitching this on 32ct Smokey White Belfast.
This was a one day start
on this latest sampler.
The initials were supposed to be
the letters AB, however I chose
to change to my initials JA.
In other news,
Bob's aunt and cousin came in from Las Vegas,
so we will be visiting with them today.
His uncle can no longer travel and remained
back at his home.
They are staying at Bob's cousins home
which is a hop, skip and jump from ours.
He lives here while the rest of his family
moved to Vegas and one moved to
St George, UT.
Wednesday we are going to dinner with friends.
It will be nice to catch up with them.
Have to finish up my thank you notes today.
My siblings and I decided to divide these up.
More cards keep coming in, so I needed to
go out and purchase more thank you cards.
The funeral home would give these to us...
but going up there vs purchasing my own,
is better with the gas prices so high right now.
Spoke to my former boss last week,
and now a total of nine folks have left.
She is now getting worried.
I do feel bad for my remaining co-workers,
as now all of their jobs may be on the line.
The bank may close one office.
Well off to eat some breakfast and then
do some errands before our visit.
Monday Blessings To All!
Janice






Pink is not my favorite color either but have been known to use it in a couple rugs. Did your former boss say just why the other folks left? You retired and that would be understandable.
ReplyDeleteI like the colors! Subtle and understated. It will be nice with the other samplers! Wow you retired at the right time. I hope your friends there don't lose their jobs. Enjoy the new week, Janice.
ReplyDeleteI'm not a pink person either, but it looks nice tucked in here and there. I know the finished piece will look great on your wall!
ReplyDeleteI think the bank just can't go on without you. :)
Have fun with your family!
I'm not a pink person either, but it looks nice tucked in here and there. I know the finished piece will look great on your wall!
ReplyDeleteI think the bank just can't go on without you. :)
Have fun with your family!