Monday, July 20, 2026

Our New Trellis

 
Hello friends.
Three years ago our old trellis
fell and broke apart in a severe storm.


This was the former trellis that met it's
demise in 2023.
Bob made it with 2 vintage doors he had,
while using wood he had on hand for the top.


Finally Bob made us a new one using
some more of that 200 year old wood he
stashed away.
He did waterproof this and added chicken wire
so my vines can grow back up again. 


This side is the Kiwi vine.


This side is the Honeysuckle.


These were the petunias I chose
to add to both pots this year.


We had to replace our wonderful
Butterfly Bush that died.
The new one is starting to bloom.
Next year it should reach maturity.


My Hydrangeas are just starting to bloom.


Sitting on the bench this is the view
of our wagon and front garden.


This year I hung a patriotic banner to it.


The Autumn Joy Sedum is also getting
ready to bloom their pink color.
We had a Sparrow nest in our birdhouse this year.
Normally it has always been a wren,
so not sure what happened this year.

In other news,
mom took a turn for the worse.
The stent no longer is working.
She is now under comfort care.
She cannot eat solid food no longer
as she almost drowned (aspirated)
while the nurse was feeding her pudding.
The hospital called my brother
Saturday evening and told us to come up there.
She did not know any of us.
I was expecting a phone early Sunday morning.
However Sunday morning when I walked 
into her room she was her old self.
Said my name and answered every
question I posed to her.
She was very alert...even when 
my sister came in an hour later.
We have come to terms she will not get better.
We just do not want her to be in any pain,
or suffer any way.
We have a DNR in place and the nurses
will give her anything she request
within her limits.
It is just a matter of time now.
So sad.

Day 6 of smoke coming from 
the Canadian Wildfires.
Saturday we had some storms roll in.
That helped a bit.
Two towns to the North of us got
hit bad.
It looked like a war zone when I drove through.
Trees and wires down all over.

The annual Port Huron to Mackinac Island
sailboat race started Saturday morning.
I felt bad for the racers with the smoke
and storms coming in.
 There  were 203 racers who started
up this year.
85 of them returned back and gave up.
They train all year for this and just sad
so many came back.
This sailboat race has been going on
for 102 years now.

Well I hope everyone has a great week.
Will be headed to the hospital to see mom.

Summer Blessings To All!
Janice

12 comments:

  1. My prayers are with your mom and your family. Those are so difficult times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the garden tour.
    We haven't had any rain and really need it. In the meantime, the smoke is still hanging around and our air quality is still in the hazardous range. It's very sad about the sailboat race. How frustrating that had to be for the racers. We had a steam and gas show here this weekend which these guys prepare for all year too, and many people dropped out and attendance was down. Between heat and air quality, people weren't outside.
    I'm sorry for the update on your mom. Praying for you all in these hard days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trellis looks great and so does your yard.
    So very sorry about your mom. I just went through the same thing with my step dad. He was very lucid until the very end. So he made his wishes known.
    We have been smokey but the wind and rain cleared it out today is beautiful.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trellis and gardens look good! Sorry about your mom, hope as her condition progresses, she can be kept comfortable both physically & mentally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just like yours, my door trellis fell in a strong storm. I’ve yet to replace it - that wood should be strong and serve you well for many years! I’m sorry to hear about your mom, it is such a difficult time. Enjoy those days - do some of your favorite things together -I’ll be thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Severe thunderstorm and tornado warnings last evening. Photos on TV and internet showed rooves of homes, fences, trees, etc. ripped apart. Thankfully I only had a few smallish limbs to pick up. Sorry about your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had a Celebration of Life for a dear friend to attend, as we were driving there we came to find out they were hit by a terrible storm on Friday night, trees and wires down too.

    I like your trellis. The plants will like it too. :-)
    Sending you a HUG and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The trellis turned out great. Oh so sorry about your mom. Such a sad and difficult time. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers for your family, it is so difficult to watch our love ones decline (my husband is getting much worse every day now-hard times) Loved seeing your gardens-and so disappointing for those ships hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. google just tonight is posting my comments again

      Delete
  10. Bob is a handy guy. Great trellis and the yard is looking good.
    We had a couple very smoky days with hazardous air quality. Poor Canadians.
    Prayers for mom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my the trellis is beautiful!!!
    Continued prayers for your mom!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.