Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Making Progress

Today's post is my progress
for June on my stitching.


This is where I left off in May
with Elizabeth Manners.


For June finished this motif now.


Finished the tree plus Adam & Eve.


Then I wrapped the border 
around and started on the bottom.
Am loving this piece!


This was Floral Motif at the end of May.



Started stitching this bird on the flowered vase.


Went up and did this green/ white motif.


 Then completed the red flower to the left.


Stitched these 2 red tiny flowers.


This is where I ended Floral Motif Sampler
for the month of June.
Sadly I did not pick it up in July.


America 250.
Started page three and here is my eagle.


Finished another flag.
The Rebellion Stripes one.
This red and white striped flag
was created by the Sons of Liberty
to resist the British Stamp Act.


Then I completed the Stamp Act motif.
The British enacted the stamp act
to the American colonies.
This required printed materials such as 
legal documents, newspapers and even
playing cards be produced in London
and had to be embossed with the revenue stamp
depicted in this motif. 
Although this was a British law that
was enacted for America,
this is a French saying meaning
"Shame to him who thinks evil of it."
This is the motto of the order of the garter.
The high order of British knighthood.
The royal crown symbolized the authority
of the British monarchy (King George III)
The one penny was the denomination
of the Stamp Act.   

Most stitchers are not stitching this motif.
Paulette also included in the pattern for a floral
motif if you did not want to stitch the
stamp act one.
I want my piece to include all of the historical
references, so I stitched it. 


Finished the rest of the initials of the men
who wrote the Declaration of Independence.
TJ- Thomas Jefferson
JA- John Adams
BF- Benjamin Franklin
RL- Robert Livingston
RS- Robert Sherman


  Am now finished with page 3 of 10.
This took me seven days to stitch.
I know this was not finished
by July 4th...but do enjoy stitching on it.


Page 4 took me 8 days.
This was a massive American flag.
This page also has a portion
 of Independence Hall.
I did change the backstitch color 
on the steeple and clock hands
to Hickory Sticks (brown)


Now on to page 5 of 10.
Whew this is a lot of stitching,
but I have hopes of completing
by year end.


This was my progress on Faith 1831 for May.


Finally finished the one over one stitching.
YAY


Then I moved to the wreath.


Then the bowl of fruit.


Finished more of the flower border
on both the left and right.
Now that the hard part is completed
(one over one saying)
I am loving stitching on this again.

In other news,
was not feeling the best early Sunday 
morning and yesterday...therefore
I refrained from seeing my mom.
Will see her today sometime.

Am slowly taking down my patriotic decor.
Putting it carefully away until next year.

Bob and I are headed this morning 
to my mom's house.
We are meeting folks to donate
the furniture that did not sell
in the estate sale.
It will be going to the new parson coming
to one of the churches in town who
is moving and needs furniture.
My mom would approve.

One more tidbit.
For those not familiar with the DSA
Democratic Socialists of America...
be aware of their platform.
Abolish both the presidency and Senate.
Abolish the Pentagon.
Abolish prisons.
Abolish both ICE and the Police.
Open borders for any illegal to enter once again.
Free rent and mortgages for all.
Work when you want.
Abolish Capitalism.
In other words...lets become a Communist country.
The leaders of this group are millionaires.
Don't let them fool you.
If you want to remain a free country,
do not vote these Commies in.
They do not mince words.
They straight up tell everyone this is what
they want to do if they take control.
AOC and Bernie Sanders are part of this group.
They fly private jets and own multiple homes.
Drive fancy cars and talk about the oligarchy.
They are rich too...so in my opinion they
are the oligarchy as well.
Hasan Piker is another one.
He dresses just like a Commie.
Don't be fooled. 
They are all rich and want chaos in our country.
35 of these members are running in
seats all over...including in my
state of Michigan.
Abdul El-Sayed even hates 
our Democratic governor.
They are wolves in sheep's clothing. 

Sorry about my rant...but I want our
country to remain free.
Hope everyone enjoys their last week of July.

Making Progress Blessings To All!
Janice



2 comments:

  1. I love that piece! Perfect for this year.
    I appreciate your warning and am scared of what is happening in our country and even in our state. I can't believe how many people seem to be falling for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with every word in your rant. Sadly many might still vote for one of them because of the word "free'. Problem is communist/socialist countries failed. And why in hell do they all come here and want to change it just like the country they came from? If they like that sort of life then they should leave the USA and go back.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.