Monday, July 13, 2015

Display As A Collection

Good evening sweet blogging friends.
I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday weekend.
As for myself, I took a week off for vacation,
and used my time to unwind from social media
and to work on Halloween items for our store.
Now I will need to play catch up.

I realized that I forgot to show you the other half of our hall
when showing our living room redo.
Here it is.

I call this my collection cabinet.


Blues, browns and gray.


Crocks


I love the iridescent color of these civil war era pieces.
Half brown glaze stoneware.
  

Also the blue stripe stoneware.


Mixed together.


Amongst the blues, browns and grays of these
pantry boxes and wax sealers.


Wax sealers were used in early canning,
where a layer of wax was poured at the top.


Close up of these pantry boxes.


Another wax sealer.


Close up of the stoneware.


I like how the brown glaze is not even, but at an angle.


Looking back at the other display in the hall.

I hope you enjoyed this last part of our redo.

Now I have to ask a favor of you all.
I just found out my daughter has to undergo
major surgery in her neck to re-place
two vertabrae that are pressing onto her spine.
If not taken care of soon, this could paralyze her.
After the surgery, she will not be able to do anything
for 3 months...and Bob and I are hoping she comes
and stays with us along with the grands.
The surgery is scheduled for September as she has
to give her own blood for the surgery.
Please say a wee prayer that all goes well.
I so know the power of prayer.
Thank you.

Collection Blessings To All!
Janice


9 comments:

  1. Prayers her surgery is successful Janice
    Hugs
    Earlene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for your sweet daughter. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your redo! I'll be praying for your daughter, Janice. I hope everything will go smoothly for her. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love your treasures and decorating...sending prayers for your daughter,Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done. Very nice, indeed.
    Bshell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs and prayers for your daughter.
    LOVE your wax sealers.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pieces in your display. Will certainly remember your daughter in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janice,
    I pray all goes well with your daughter and her upcoming surgery!
    Love all your pantry boxes and sealers too!
    Have a good week!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janice, you have such lovely collections. I pray your daughter is doing well. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.