Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A True Reading Lamp


Good evening sweet blogging buddies!
First of all I want to wish all of my Canadian friends
Happy Canada Day tomorrow.
Then I want to wish my American friends
Happy Fourth of July for Saturday.

I wanted to share this wonderful reading lamp
that Bob made out of some vintage books.


He first drilled a hole in the middle of all of the books.
Placed the books on a piece of barn wood.
Then added some wood balls underneath that
which he stained to match the barn wood.

Then I took some fabric and made a sleeve
to cover the metal rod.


Then we placed the shade on top...
which had words all over it.
Just perfect for a reading lamp,
don't you think?

He did not glue the books together,
so they can be moved however one would like.
If I had a library,
this may have stayed at home.
However this lil beauty is for sale in our store.

Reading Blessings To All!
Janice

6 comments:

  1. Another great idea Janice, Bob did a wonderful job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea, Janice - I bet it will sell quickly! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love that lamp, you have the greatest treasures!!!! Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! We made a floor lamp for my daughter at Christmas that was done exactly like this - but we used bright colored books since that's her taste. FUN!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.