Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Whippy Wednesday

Hello friends.
I am back to stitching. 
These are the projects I am currently
working on.


Floral Motif Sampler.
This is where I last picked this piece up.


Finished the bird on the orange flowers.


Went up to stitch these gray flowers.


Then went down to stitch this green one.


Back up again to complete
 the small raspberry one.


Next to that this red one in a black basket.


Finally this long red flower stemmed one.


I also came down on the right border a bit.
Still many more motifs to complete,
but am loving getting back to this.


Next up is AB 1816 Quaker Sampler.
So there was an error in the pattern.
The brown color in the border below
the first row of letters called for the
teal blue in the pattern instructions.


Which when I started did it in 
teal and not brown which is the photo color.
Did not look at the photo until day 2.


However I also screwed up in this line.
It called for the eyelet stitch.
I stitched the Smyrna one.
Oh well...am leaving it as is.


Finally I decided to add in another color.
I wanted this piece to have a little
more oomph.
Therefore adding in a bit of DMC 501 into it.


Next are the Prairie Schooler angels.



These first two I had already finished.


Have now completed the next two.


Am loving stitching these lil angels.
Hopefully I will have all 8 fully
finished to add to my Christmas tree
this year.


Next is Faith 1831.
This is where I left off last month.


I stitched these birds and flower pot.
Also the bird on the stem of flowers.


Although I did not take an up close pic,
I also started another flower on the left.
So much more to go on this one.


Finally this lil sampler called
Little Quilt Block Sampler.


This is where I was last month.


Almost completed.
Once the design is stitched,
will add in my maternal grandparents
initials and their children
for my heritage wall.

In other news,
well lookie what I found.


I wanted to finish these into pillows
before July 4th.
Just found these the other day in 
our bedroom under some of
my mom's things I needed to go through.
Why the heck I put them in here,
I have no clue...but glad I finally found them.

Today we are taking our doggie sitter
out for lunch for watching Tundra
the days we needed to be North
for mom's funeral.
We fondly call him Grandpa Ed,
and he calls Tundra his Grand dog.

However before we do that, we are
heading out to the farmer's market.
Last week we had the juiciest peaches
along with the biggest and best canteloupe.

Cannot believe the BER months have started.
Time and the months are flying by.
We saw our first trees turning colors yesterday.

Hope everyone is enjoying their
 final days of Summer.

Mid Week Blessings To All!
 

 

 








 


2 comments:

  1. Better late than never for the Patriotic Pillows. Am sure Grandpa Ed will enjoy his lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, that is funny about the pillows. I am glad you found them. I hope to find some peaches at the farmers market. There is an orchard up by Bayfield that grows peaches, apples, grapes, and more.
    YUM!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.