My Blog List

Friday, September 18, 2026

Friday Finish


 A big HELLO to all my friends.
Well it looks like the Blogger issue is fixed.
Fingers crossed for good now. 

I have two finishes today to show off.

First I finished one Redwork Pears.


The pattern is by Annie Beez.
I stitched just the middle one.


I did not do it in red,
plus stitched on yellow linen.


There are three sides.
I used a yellow fabric for the other two.


Stuffed this one with some of Tundra's fur,
and Morning Glory fiberfill stuffing.
More fatter than the pattern photo.
I made the leaves out of green wool I had.
I love how this turned out.


Placed in a bowl for a fun Autumn display.
Will need to do the other two...
maybe next year.


Then I finished and had framed
 Elizabeth Manners 1843.
I did change up the angels to a peach,
along with Adam and Eve.
The pattern called for pink.  


I placed it next to Sarah Casey Unwin.
Both framed in a red oak...
which ironically matches closely
to my pumpkin pine cabinet.
The top of this cabinet is bare at the moment.
Getting ready for an Autumn update.

In other news,
Tundra tried his best to grab himself 
a chipmunk the other day.
It was quite comical to see him
run around the yard a bit.
Finally the chipmunk went under the fence.
I knew Tundra would not catch him,
so was not worried about the chipmunk.
Tundra did get his exercise in though.

Wednesday Bob and I took a road trip.
Grandpa Ed watched Tundra for us.
It was a nice getaway...12 hours we were gone.
Will let you know what we did on an upcoming post.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Will play catch up on reading your posts today.

Weekend Blessings To All!
Janice



     



 


15 comments:

  1. This post did show up for me already. Now I just hope my new post will update for people!!!
    Beautiful finishes as always.
    Looking forward to reading about your and Bob's adventure...and what came home with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pear hooked on the yellow and perfectly displayed in the bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pear! It looks perfect in that bowl.
    Elizabeth Manners looks great next to Sarah Unwin.
    Can't wait to hear about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that pear pillow!
    I wouldn't know if the Blogger feed was working. I have everyone on a 3rd party feed reader which works.
    I look forward to your next post about your day trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love the pear. I would. have done it in red. I love red work.
    I've put my blog reading list on Feedly so don't have to worry about blogger. So far it is working great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful pear. Glad Tundra did not get the chipmunk. Can't wait to hear about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stitch work as always and I love how you displayed it! Our Annabelle goes after rabbits every so often but we know she'll never catch them with her short 12yr old legs! Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! It has been a bit since I have got to visit! Oh I love the pear!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty pear - and your framed pieces are stunning. You are so incredibly prolific. I wish I could be even a fraction that productive. Oooo....bet something followed you home from your little trip! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pear looks lovely and so does your framed pieces. I love the colors. You and everyone else seems to be very productive.
    I haven't blogged in a very long while and even forget to check blogs. I've been so busy with life that I haven't been productive in any hooking or any other needle crafts.
    Take care and enjoy Autumn.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so relieved the blogs are fixed. I missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, just so neat! You quite the sticher! YES glad Blogger is fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am just getting over an awful virus. It took me down for the count. I slept most of Friday and 1/2 of Saturday. It is awful. Hope it does not travel your way. YUCK is what it is.

    I am catching up. And I love pears. So this is a new favorite for me of yours. :-)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your pear. If I hadn't given my finished pears away, I would have taken them apart and used the three sided finish.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful pieces such great w of rk.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.