Prims By the Water

▼

Sunday, October 4, 2026

Sunday Starts


Hello friends.
I cannot believe September is over already.
It has been 6 months since my retirement.
Cannot believe half a year already.
 

My pattern for Pink House Sampler
finally arrived.


This is my 2 day start. 
I chose this pattern as a tribute
 piece for my parents.
Two reasons.
The first being, 
this saying is perfect.
It reads:
The loss of a father is much.
The loss of a mother is more.
The loss of Christ is such.
No other can restore.
The second reason is 
when my parents built their first home...
they chose a pink brick one.
I know this is going to be another
huge house to stitch,
but will be worth it in the end.


Now that October is here,
decided to finally bring out 
this pattern Three Witches pattern.
Am not going to stitch this 
as one piece though.
Will make each witch into a pillow.


Here is the start of the first witch.
Added in the top motif...
but will not be adding in the alphabet...
well the alphabet you see here.
Will surprise you with what 
I plan on doing with those letters. 
Stitching this on
32 ct Dusty Road linen
by Seraphim Fabrics using
the called for DMC floss.
Am loving her wicked face thus far.


I did change things up just a tad.
Wanted to add in some purple.
So I grabbed DMC #31.
Used it for her belt and started
a few of the letters.
Am really enjoying stitching on this. 


Finally, I started "John"
by Notforgotten Farm.


Isn't he just adorable!
I so love all of Lori's "Little's"
The only floss I changed was 
his coat and hat from DMC black
to DMC 3031 for a more brown look.

I plan on stitching both 
Priscilla and hopefully Tommy
as well this month.
I want to stitch smalls this month.

In other news,
well we need a roof replacement
on our antique store building.
Bob is getting quotes...
but this is going to be costly.
UGH
Just glad we have the money.

Tundra is loving the cooler weather.
Morning temps in the 40's now.
I do not want to turn on the furnace yet,
but it may come soon.

October is the month Bob and I 
love to watch old horror movies.
The black and white ones which
feature Lon Chaney, Lon Chaney Jr,
Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi & Vincent Price.

Plus we always watch Hocus Pocus,
The Addams Family movies,
Beetlejuice and Casper.

Do you like watching horror movies?
If so, what are your favorites?

Spooky Month Blessings To All!
Janice

4 comments:

  1. That first stitchery with the pink house will have significant meanings to you and your kids. I used to love to watch spooky movies and also spy movies as a teen. Didn't realize it at the time but guess I was patriotic and appreciated valor in military as well as civilians doing their work during the night for their country. UGH, I know the price of new roofs, glad mine is done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What DID happen to September?! I'm not ready for October but we're already well into it. Lovely samplers. Most spooky movies I give a pass to but some of the vintage ones are really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so many cross stitch projects. You must be the queen of cross stitch. I like the the big pink house. A great keepsake for the family. John is a sweet pattern too.
    I prefer watching old comedies to horror movies.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it's been 6 months for you already!
    I really like that one in memory of your parents - it's perfect. I love the farmer one too.
    I'm not a fan of the new horror movies. They freak me out. But some of those old ones would be good to watch again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.