Prims By the Water

▼

Saturday, September 26, 2026

Living Room Autumn Decor

 
***WARNING***
Long Picture Post.
Featuring our living room 
Autumn 2026.



















Autumn is my favorite time
for decorating.
However growing up, I never
used the word Autumn or Fall.
Most of you know that
 both my maternal and paternal grandparents
had dairy farms.
They called this season 
 HARVEST
This was the season for harvesting
all of the crops and getting all
of the food needed for the long Winter,
prepared and stored for both themselves
and for their livestock.
It was a busy time.
Therefore this was the Harvest season for me.
It was not until I was a teen
when it felt awkward not calling it Harvest,
and I adapted to the words Autumn and Fall.
Did you ever call this season Harvest?

In other news,
we are not getting rid of our truck.
I meant I would not be needing the truck
again if and when we go back down
to Southwest Ohio.
Bob still uses his truck for the store.
In fact we went on a pick last Monday
and he bought a few small tables.

Seville Antiques is in Seville, Ohio.
They are closed both Monday and Tuesday.
I did want to go to Gleaners afterwards,
but since we knew the storms were
coming in, we opted not to.

Ya Ya, thank you for the invitation
to stay at your place.
The blogging community is so wonderful.
I did not realize I was that close to you either.
Maybe next time we can visit.

I sure hope all in the path of this
Nor'easter is safe and sound.
From what I hear it is going to be 
a wicked dangerous storm.
Stay safe my friends.

First Harvest Weekend Blessings To All!
Janice 



 

14 comments:

  1. I never used the word "harvest". Actually don't recall ever using the word fall as a teen, I just blindly accepted the weather changes without naming them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It's the Harvest" or "Harvest season" was said here. We said Fall not Autumn. You could never post too many pictures of your decor! You have such wonderful things. You display them so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the word fall and harvest. Your decorations are quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful treasures and displays as always Janice! You certainly know how to make the colors of the season play their very best. I grew up on a dairy farm and both my father's and mother's families were farmers before them. I guess we tended to use the word "fall" when referring to the season but also generally said it was "harvest season." (And perfect timing on your post as tonight is a full Harvest Moon!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors of fall are my colors. I enjoyed each and every picture. So many wonderful treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do remember it being called the Harvest season, but then I grew up in a farming community too.
    I love the cozy look of Autumn in your home. It's a perfect season for primitives.
    Yes, that storm sounds pretty bad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure enjoyed seeing all your wonderful fall decorations. I've always called the season Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never called it harvest. It has always been fall for me.
    Oh I didn’t think you were selling the truck, but you never know when an even more perfect cupboard may come along.
    My favorite of your decorating items is the crocks!!!
    Just between you and me, I find the Gleaner even more expensive than Seville Antiques. I don’t think I have ever bought anything there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have great treasures, displayed so nicely. Would love to see a video tour of your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your displays are magazine worthy! Just beautiful.
    I grew up calling it Autumn, then Fall. I knew it was harvest time but am a city girl and the emphasis was more about Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your living room is just fantastic. I love the term "harvest" and I think it's perfect for the season. Probably smart to keep the truck but drive the other (cheaper) car more regularly. As long as you've got the business, it makes some sense.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many wonderful treasures in your living room, Janice! And I enjoyed spotting the little pieces of cross stitch here and there in your photos. Enjoy this last bit of September!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the idea of saying harvest. We say autumn here.
    LOVE the tour of your home and decorations.
    Happy Harvest Moon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My Mom's parents had a farm-so I grew up bringing in the harvest as well-as Mom always had a huge veggie and fruit garden and we were close to a huge farmers market.
    Enjoyed seeing your home-hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.