Prims By the Water

Monday, September 14, 2026

Autumn Mantles

 I love Fall!
I had so much fun this time
adding in my Autumn decor.
Today will start with my Fall mantles.


First up is our keeping room.
Kept my document box.
added in a small pantry box.
Notice the treenware Bob recently brought home.
Finished with a hank of twisted tobacco.


On the left iron candle holder and tin one.
This French Wine barrel which turned
from copper to this fabulous patina.
Finally a vintage pewter/ ceramic mug. 


Right side is another tin candle lantern.
Whisky jug and the other crock candle holder
Bob brought home.


Hung my gentlemen pics back up
and added in my newest cross stitch piece.
Placed my newest treen on top of a small
pantry box with a hank of tobacco.


I wanted to portray a tavern look for my 
Autumn vibe for this mantle.
More tobacco leaves, powder horn
and water canteen to the right.
Subtle colors of yellow and orange.


For our fireplace mantle in our living room,
this is what I came up with.
Pheasant and leather books.


Pheasant feathers in a brown crock,
with a bail handled crock jug.


I dont move our clock, so just 
placed a small pumpkin on top.


Underneath the mantle I placed
my cornhusk/ gourd garland.
Am loving my subtle touches of Autumn
 for this mantle too.

In other news,
last week went to lunch with
a store customer who I now consider my friend.
Sandy and I could talk alot...
and talk we did.
It has been awhile since we seen each other,
so we did need to catch up. 

Sandy told me about a greenhouse
which had bumpy pumpkins.
So I just had to go there.
I ended up buying 2 pumpkins along
with some gourds.
Thanks Sandy for letting me know.

Last night we were asked to turn off any
non-essential outdoor lights between 11pm-6am.
Over 17 million birds were expected to migrate.
Diminishing the lights helps them navigate
without the extra skyglow.

This morning we woke to 54 degrees.
Autumn is definitely in the air.
It was nice sleeping with the windows open.

I don't know what is going on with Blogger.
My reading list has no new posts
from the other Bloggers I follow.
What the heck???
I sure hope they their act together.

Autumn Mantle Blessings To All!
Janice
 


6 comments:

  1. I love your Fall look! I think the primitive colors really lend themselves to Autumn.
    Blogger is so messed up. I use Feedly to keep track of new blogs and it seems to be much quicker at reporting new posts, I had a bunch listed this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pheasant.
    I am ready for autumn to arrive. :-) We had 41 this morning, it felt so good to wrap up in a blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bumpy pumpkins - I think they look so cute. 54 degrees??? I have heard reader is not working for a lot of people. I use Feedly and it works good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My blogger doing the same for over a week. Anyway, I just go manually to my follow list and click on to see if anyone has a new post. Your pub theme is really cool - good for Halloween and Thanksgiving. You have so many cool primitives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought a bumpy pumpkin at the lake this weekend but we couldln't fit it in the car to come home! Maybe next time. Your mantel and room is beautiful. I love the pheasant, especially. I just got you bookmarked so until Blogger figures itself out, I can find you! If you haven't been able to access Blogger reader (don't know if it's acting up all over the world or just here), please follow me by email -- you can sign up on the Marmelade Gypsy home page on the right rail. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So my blog wasn't showing up as updated either? Google/Blogger is ticking me/us off big time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.