Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Red Bedroom 2

Well the weekend went by lickety split.
Cannot believe it is Tuesday already.


So as promised, the rest of our red bedroom.
The picture next to my rug is an amish one.
The other one is the Lord's Prayer stitched as a sampler.
I bought it at auction many moons ago.


Our headboard is a quilt rack.
A very large pillow done in an early tick fabric.
I have to be honest...this is not on the bed every day.
This secret is between us.
Do you see the lump in the bottom right?


My other pillows at the foot of our bed.


A close up of my pictures.
Another teddy in the basket.


Red flannel sheets keep us snug at night!


One of the side tables.
Crutches leaning against the headboard.


Red hanging cabinet we purchased in Ohio.
The board next to cabinet is a mirror we are saving
for our candy store.


Other side table with pitchers and lamp.


Brown cabinet with my other rug hanging sbove.


I had kept my feather tree up for Valentine's.
I had wanted to add my cranberry garland, but forgot.


Remember that lump in our bed.


Ace was not happy with me that I revealed it was him.


My third side table.


Decked out with flowers in red, creamy pink,
with dried hydrangeas from my garden.

I did forget to show you my red curtains.
Will have to show in another post.

Post Valentine Blessings To All!
Janice

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful and I love the rug above the brown cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise! Have I mentioned before that I have an aunt by that name. Janice

      Delete
  2. What a sweet restful bedroom. I love the rugs on the wall.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy. I once took that rug to a show to sell it. When it did not sell, I decided it would look perfect in our bedroom...so glad it did not sell now. Janice

      Delete
  3. Ohhh, that lump is just so sweet!!! How I miss my kitty always "helping" me make the bed. Kitties love a good hiding spot, don't they? Your Ohio cabinet in the room caught my attention. It is gorgeous and I love how it looks in the room with your other decor!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That lump is a stinker at times..but we love him. THat cabinet looked much smaller in the store we bought it...taller ceilings. LOL but I love it too! Janice

      Delete
  4. Love your pictures. Made any black cats lately? Or anything, I need some inspiration. I can see green grass this morning, that should be enough but streets are full of water up to the curbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No black cats yet...working on bunnies for the Holly show. Janice

      Delete
  5. I was wondering if that lump was a furbaby! My Ellie always slept under the covers. I sure do miss that little spitfire.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fur babies are either under the covers or on top...but always on the bed. Janice

      Delete
  6. This is just beautiful.. I'm scrolling up and down again and again ..totally different from any other.. love it..you have a great taste..

    ReplyDelete
  7. So charming Janice! So much to love about this room, but the lump in the bed is the best decor of all. Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THe lumps of the fur baby kind are so sweet, Thanks for stopping by! Janice

      Delete
  8. I love mixing in pieces of Amish with my home style. The coverlet on your bed is wonderful as are your flowers from your garden; they are beautiful along side your glass lantern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra. I loved the flower arrangement so much, I moved it to our bathroom for now. Janice

      Delete
  9. Oh what a cozy room! LOVE those blue walls. Your rugs are amaaaazing! I've hooked a few small ones. I just love the old fashioned look of the ones you have! So nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the flowered rug is an antique..the other one i hooked. THanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I so appreciate it! Janice

      Delete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.