Monday, November 20, 2017

The Thrill Of The Hunt


First off,
A HUGE thank you for all of your best wishes
for our 1st annual 
Vintage Marketplace Show.

Everyone who commented to
Roger and I at the door
wanted to say it was a great show,
and they are looking forward to coming back
next year.

After Amy and Bob ran the numbers...
they did make a bit of a profit...
so with that said;
there will be a 2nd annual show.
Instead of taking the money,
they will put it back into the account
and use it towards advertising for next year.
For those who do not know about advertising...
it is a huge expense.
HUGE

We expected about 500 folks to come through,
but we had 315.
The weather was crappy.
It was pouring rain most of the day.
It finally stopped after the show.
Oh well.

With that said,
I want to show you a few of the items I purchased.


I so love cake crocks.


This one is a salt glaze version with a handle.


As soon as I spotted this adorable early teddy,
it was love at first sight.

I always say to my customer's to purchase
was speaks to them.
This teddy spoke to me right off.
He will soon have a meet and greet with the others.


I also found this flower inlay hat pin.
The bottom is shaped like a fan,
with a green gem.


It now resides with my others.
I am still on the hunt for an early
suffragette one.
{Purple, white and green colors}

I also bought some fun Santa mugs,
but forgot to take them out of the van.
Bob took the van to the store.
So I will show those when I do my display.

Hoping everyone will have a great Monday.
It will be a short week for me.
Have to take my mom to the eye doctor
on Tuesday for her annual check up.
She had a degenerative eye disease,
and they want to make sure it is not progressing.
Then of course  Thanksgiving is on Thursday.
Looking forward to being with family!

Thrill Of The Hunt Blessings To All!
Janice


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the show. Yes, advertising is a huge expense - but it "doesn't cost to advertise it PAYS to advertise" an older couple told me this years ago. Cool finds. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sweet teddy...what a treasure! Happy Thanksgiving!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice,
    Love your finds!! Your new teddy is just precious!! Happy the show went well in spite of the weather!!!
    Take care and hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful cake crock; love the color and the handle on it. Also love your hat pin holder. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the show and good luck for next year. I love your cake crock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy the show went well :)
    LOVE that teddy.
    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad to hear that your show was a success despite the terrible weather!! Love, love that blue/white salt crock and Teddy too! You hit the jackpot with those cuties!! Enjoy your short work week and I hope you and family have a wonderful Thanksgiving AND......an off the chart Black Friday and Small Business Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations for the show show... Love the hat pins..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.