Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Corner Decor

Good evening sweet friends.
I am often asked by our customers how
to decorate corners.
Its easy I say...


Place furniture into the corner


to give the illusion that it is a corner cabinet.


Then placing furniture in front of the cabinet
gives its coziness.
Here I placed our chair with our side table
in front of this brown cabinet.
The side table is actually a very old dental bellows.


Long and narrow pieces where there is no corner,
also makes for an eye catching space.


If you have a corner in which a piece of furniture
just won't fit...a ladder always works!

So when you are in the mood to re-decorate
your own homestead...
try moving your furniture into an angle 
in your own corners.
You may be surprised at the different look it will bring.

On another note,
please say a wee prayer for Bob's father.
We rushed him to U of M hospital late last evening.
(2 hour drive for us one way)
Since Bob is not able to drive long distances yet
from his own surgery, I had to drive.
We arrived at 1:00am in the morning.
My FIL had been urinating blood.
The hospital nurse put a catheter in and
Bob's dad continues to be bleeding blood clots
from his bladder.
They have to stop the bleeding before they
are able to do surgery to insert a camera
inside his urethra to find out what is going wrong.
They cannot do this until his blood level goes down
from 2.2 which it is currently to a 1.5.
Our worry is that he has bladder cancer.
Bob and I came home this afternoon
and we both are tired...don't even feel like eating.
Actually laying down writing this post.
Will be visiting my bed shortly.

Cozy Corner Blessings To All!
Janice







5 comments:

  1. I like your suggestions Janice, especially putting a cupboard in the corner. Prayers for your FIL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like ve your corner decorating Janice. Sending prayers for Bobs father, hope all is well.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice,
    Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful corner ideas!! So very sorry to hear about your FIL! Sending prayers for all of you!! Hope you all get some much needed rest!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janice, your corner ideas are wonderful and I like what you have done in your corners! I hope you will be able to get some rest this weekend and that your FIL will be getting well quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your FIL is doing better.
    All your decorating looks just wonderful. I could move right in...lol!
    Happy 4th :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.