Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Crock Heaven


Good evening sweet friends.
Well not sure what the weather is at your home,
but March sure came in like a lion here in Michigan.
Which is great news as it will go out like a lamb...
fingers crossed.


I have always loved crocks.
The striped one in front is called a wax sealer.
These were used for canning before glass jars.
The lip at the top was where the wax would be poured
to seal in the contents until used.


The white crock on the child's chair
is a whiskey jug with a bail handle.


My crown lidded crock.
Once crocks became manufactured,
each crock company featured their own stamps.
I have seen many crocks stamps...
Indian Head, Red Wing, Hexagon Star, MN Western,
Birch Leaf, Shield, Numbers and an Anchor to name quite a few.


Salt glaze and white butter churn crocks.



Small crock and stoneware bowls in various colors.



A few more displayed on our bucket bench.
This bucket bench came from one of the last farmhouses
in Allen Park, Michigan.
Original blue color with the wood coming through.

I hope you all enjoyed a little bit of my crock heaven.
I so enjoy showing you pics of my home.
I just wish I could send you all home with cookies,
or brownies and a beverage of your choice afterwards.

Heavenly Crock Blessings To All!
Janice

7 comments:

  1. Evening Janice, crock love, you have a mighty fine collection. I love the blue of your bucket bench, great piece. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the Parade of Crocks! Lovely shades and shapes. I'm fascinated by that wax sealer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crocks are one of my many favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice,
    Yes, I love crocks too, and you have some lovely ones indeed!!
    Thanks so much for sharing them with us, and I would LOVE a brownie!!!
    Enjoy your week!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your collections and displays. Love them all. Makes me want to go antiquing.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janice! My goodness - you have an amazing collection. I've always loved crocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so enjoy seeing your home and I also like to know about the history and info on the pieces you showcase Janice. TFS ~ yes next time I would love to have some cookies and tea!
    Many Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.