Wednesday, January 13, 2016

January CupboardScape

Good evening friends and Happy New Year!
With 2016 starts another year of CupboardScapes,
With the idea from one of our customers Barb,
I am going to feature a different monthly vignette
in a suitcase.

This month I thought of doing my version
of a stone church in the woods.


Bob and I recently attended my nephew's wedding
in Hickory, NC.
The wedding took place at night in an old stone church.
The church lights were dim with lit candles in each window.
Along with large candles in glass vases on the floor
of every other pew.
It was a beautiful ceremony.



Here I have taken my stone church birdhouse
that my mom gave to me as a birthday present years ago...
never actually left it outside for the birds.


Added new and vintage bottle trees.


Along with a few mini Christmas trees.



Then added this book.


An early leather book from 1861 that I purchased
from Seville Antiques in Ohio.


This book is titled
Sunday School Psalms.
I thought it was just perfect for my vignette this month.
I did not plan this when I bought it...
I just thought it was a sweet little pocket book
to add to my growing leather book collection.
I remembered I had it when I started to take pictures,
and quickly added into the pocket of the suitcase.

What do you think of this month's CupboardScape?
Look forward to your comments.

More to come on our vacation.

New Year Cupboardscape Blessings To All!
Janice

10 comments:

  1. Be still my heart! I love this!!!
    Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Janice I love it! What a good idea to do little vignettes in an old suitcase! I will look forward to seeing it each month.
    The wedding sounds like it was absolutely beautiful!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love old suitcases Janice, so this is just perfect to me. The wedding sounded beautiful, and I just love your vignette in the old suitcase. And the book is just perfect. Thanks for sharing.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. O Janice it's just darling . I love the change up to the suitcase , I can't wait to see what you do each month ! The wedding sounds like it was just gorgeous , Congratulations to the Newlyweds . Hope you and Bob are snuggled up , staying warm ~hugs Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the whole thing. How lucky to have that little book of Psalms to tuck up top.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Will look forward to these monthly vignettes. Perfect for January.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janice,
    It is just wonderful and so very creative!! Love how it all fits together perfectly themed in the suitcase! The church wedding sounds beautiful too!!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janice, love the idea of vignettes. In the old suitcase, great one for January.....the wedding sounds so lovely and cozy.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The suitcase idea is wonderdul! The wedding sounds like it was so pretty.Warm Blessings!♥~Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.