Wednesday, May 6, 2015

One Wall Reveal

Good evening sweet blogging friends!
I am so so very excited to show you a bit of our new room.
Bob finished the wood floor in just one day.
Then did the trim on this one wall.
He said I could decorate it...so I did just that.


This is the entire wall which is closest to our front door.
This is that awesome red cabinet
 that I showed a bit off the other day.
We did a wide brown molding at the bottom
and a small crown molding painted brown at the top.


For those who have followed me long enough
know that Bob and I believe this gentleman saved our house
from catching on fire one night.
The short story is I left a pan on the stove and went to pick up Bob
one evening and realized once  got to the store
that I had left the stove lit with the pan still on it.
20 minutes later I rushed into the house
to find the pan off the burner but still lit.
I was so shaken up that I went into the room where
this picture was hanging and looked up at him and right then
our clock chimed.
Thing is our clock is a wind up one and we never had it going.
I knew at that moment our gentlemen friend saved our home
and thanked him.
He now holds a place of honor in our home.


Another view of it all.


I draped this well worn red coverlet on our Windsor chair.
This chair is an original 1700 piece painted mustard, blue and then black.
We know the original paint is the mustard.
The blue from the 1800's and then painted black in the 1900's.


My most recent purchase is this early teddy bear.


His foot has much wear and shows his straw filling.


A bail handled whiskey jug next to the chair.


A close up of both the chair and side of our cabinet.


A trio of firkins on top.


A 5 gallon salt glaze churn crock with dasher.


Placed some glaases on this leather school book
which I then placed on my make do table.


Closeup of the book and my new pinkeep I won.


A close up of the frame our gentlemen picture is in.
I just love the chippy white paint on this.


Finally my wall box which is wrapped in an old leather piece.

One wall done....more to come.
Now you know why I am so proud of my Bob.
He did an awesome job on this redo!

Cannot wait to decorate more.

One Wall Reveal Blessings To All!
Janice

11 comments:

  1. I love how this turned out! Great job decorating, it looks wonderful and prim! That is a very interesting story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. redoing and decorating, you both did a great job!!! Love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything sure is beautiful, such an amazing job and wonderful decor. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that red cupboard Janice! Love everything you displayed on this wall. You have some great primitive antique pieces. That bear is the sweetest. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see more. You two are a good team!
    Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed your story...We had a spirit in our house that watched over our daughter when she was young (long story on how we found out) I like to call them guardian angels! Your room looks so nice! I love the wood trim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed your story...We had a spirit in our house that watched over our daughter when she was young (long story on how we found out) I like to call them guardian angels! Your room looks so nice! I love the wood trim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful treasures and awesome story.
    Your home is so warm and says love all over.
    Woolie Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janice, love your wonderful old treasures. That Winsor chair is beautiful with the coverlet and sweet old bear. I enjoy your decorating style and home.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in Love ~ so many precious things!!! Bob did a wonderful job!!!
    I want to see more!
    The teddy is so sweet.
    Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janice, this looks truly wonderful. I love how you put things together with thought and imagination.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.