Thursday, September 11, 2014

Store Autumn Displays


Good afternoon sweet blogging buddies.
This morning I helped spruce up a house
 that is being donated to a US soldier.
Our soldiers ~
both US and Canadian
sacrifice so much to keep us free.
When I heard that the bank I work for was donating a house
to a soldier and his family
a few towns North of me...
well I had to help out.

Shawn and Emily and their 4 girls
were given a mortgage free home.
Shawn last served in Iraq after his unit was hit
in a Taliban camp that they were in.
He was wounded, but some of his brothers died.
Their story will be featured tonight at 9PM ET
on the Amercian Heros Channel.
The show is called The Hornet's Nest.
I  wish I could watch it, but I do not get this channel.
His story made me cry
and I was glad we could help him unload their U-Haul
along with the spruce up, so that they can stay in their new home tonight.

His story reminded me of my dad. 
My dad was a Marine in the Korean War.
He was shot in the head.
Fortunately for him, (and me)
he had his helmet on at the time.

Soldiers don't get to call in sick,
or take a mental health day.
They do not get home cooked meals,
and even miss a meal at times.

We are so fortunate to have men and women
who are willing to take these sacrifices.
A big shout out to all of them.

Now for some of our current store displays.































Freedom To Everyone Blessings To All!
Janice

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful thoughtful post Janice....love all the fall touches, such great treasures I see. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post...God Bless our Military. I am so glad you shared this. I shared your post with family.
    Have a great night.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that a home is being supplied to that dear serviceman and his family. They sacrifice so that I can live in freedom. Love all of your store displays esp. the standing pumpkin man. Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed wonderful.
    We are blessed.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Woolie Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fall touches provide just the right touch for the store and I really liked Bob's reworking of the front. Always love keeping up with you via your blog. Take care and thanks for working for the soldier and his family. have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful story! Your touches of fall are great...love the black cat...and the bat!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Janice and bless you for helping out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a blessing to help that family. I feel our veterans(and I have several in my family) don't get treated like they should. Then our elected officials vote to reduce what benefits they do get. Now that I have ranted, your shop looks ready for fall

    ReplyDelete
  9. A blessing indeed! They sure deserve appreciation for all they sacrifice. So nice of you to help them along. It just gives you a warm fuzzy feeling . I love how you have decorated your shop. Can't wait to come see it :) Have a great week.
    Hugs Marg.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.