Friday, October 12, 2012

Tutorial- Part Tres

Alright, alright
 
here is the next part....
 
~smile~
 
Now you have half a candy when you turn the piece over.
 
Once again, hold end with your thumb.
Twist half a rotation in the same direction as before.
 
Insert needle all the way through fabric again.
 
Do I sound like a broken record?
 
Yes...ok I will stop.

 
 
Oh you meant No did you. LOL

 
 
OK, I will keep going.
 
Wrap around three full times as close as you can get to candy piece.
Take both ends and tie a double or triple knot
close to bottom candy piece and cut floss as close as you can.
 
Once you complete this last step...
 
Walla
 
You have made yourself a piece of candy.
 
Now for the colored muslin pieces.

Take one cup of water and heat (microwave or stove)
Add three heaping tablespoons of instant coffee.
Mix together with some shakes of cinnamon.
*sorry I don't measure my cinnamon*

Then transfer coffee cinnamon mixture to two different containers.
Add terra cotta paint to one container, and add black paint to other.
*again I just pour paint into the mixture*
*no rhyme or reason*
Just add enough paint to your liking. 
 
 When I paint my pieces,
every time I dip my brush, I mix up the mixture.

Usually I let the cinnamon rest a little when I grubby up my goodies,
but when painting my candy I don't.

Well there you have it.
The entire tutorial on how I make my prim candy.
Get adventurous...
Valentine's Day
St Patty's Day
Easter
July 4th

Make as many as you like for fun or profit.
All I ask is that if you decide to make some,
please show them off on your blog so I can see your masterpieces!

Have fun.

I know I had fun doing this!
Even if I was teasing you by doing this in parts.

Candy Blessings to All!
Janice



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Hello Janice, great tutorial on how to make the sweet candy, they are so adorable.Thanks ...Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo...French? LOL! Every time I say I'm finished with fall crafting I see something so tempting like this - thanks Janice! Loved it! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice, Great job on your first tutorial! I like these and just might have to try them! Thanks againg.
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janice, they are adorable! I will have to recall these for next year and make them as bowl fillers. Thank you for the tutorial!
    ~Christina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, one good thing if there is one about being so far behind in blogging is that I didn't have to suffer through your teasing....I got to read all three steps at once. ;o) Oh - I so love these little candies!! Yes, lots of possibilities, but the Halloween ones are my favorites (uh, duh!) Too bad I have to start back teaching Monday and fit a trip in to the Emerald City before then, or I'd be giving this a whirl. Definitely a "have-to-do" though at some point!! Thanks so much for sharing! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.