Monday, December 26, 2011

Monday Montage

This will be the last montage for the year.
I cannot believe next Monday will be 2012 already. 
The years are definitely going by much too quickly!

Here are the pics I have chosen for this week.

A square nailed pine candle box.
Another early lollipop handle candle box.
This one has great patina and made with hand forged nails.

 Colonial New England candle box with a fish tail handle.
This one has a dove tailed drawer and also made using hand forged nails.


Inside of the candle box.

Because of the handmade pin and dovetail on the drawer,
this piece dates back from early to mid 1800's.
An early wood sock stretcher.


I love this cubby box!


Even though these pins and dovetails are not handmade
this piece still dates from 1860 to 1899.


Circa 1890 black squared checkerboard.
Don't you think this piece looks nice on the brick fireplace?
Actually, I just put it up here to take the photo.
Heat can ruin wood antiques,
Please keep that in mind when placing your favorite antiques in your homes.


If you thought the last checkerboard was nice.
This red and black beauty was made using rose head nails.
Circa 1860.

That will do it for this weeks montage.
Hope you enjoy them!
PS. This is part of the lode that Bob found...
He left them in the house this morning 
because he had to clear out the van to deliver some furniture tonight.
So guess what, a few are not going to make it into the store. LOL
Its our little secret though...
He won't know until we redo the store this weekend and put away the Christmas decor.

New Year Blessings to all
Janice












4 comments:

  1. O Janice stash them goodies from Bob for certain love them all , one of the best montage posts yet just loved everything, had to wipe the drool off my chin ! Have a great week! hugs lilraggedyangie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pieces! Love them all! I would keep some for myself too, lol. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice, I am with Angie I would have to hide those old wood pieces. Love the patina on them. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Part of the lode"???? Heck - I wanna see the rest! YIKES!! You could look high and low for years and years in these parts and not come up with one awesome candle box or gameboard like those....I WANT!!! (See why I could never be in the antiques business??? Nothing would ever get put up for sale!) ;o) Been running behind here, but saw your last post - glad you got to spend time with your grands and your mum. Sounds like a wonderful holiday. Wishing you a joy-filled week ahead....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.