Saturday, March 26, 2011

Pickin Time

This week we got a call from one of our customers...he wanted to get rid of some of his antiques...this is music to our ears...we feel like Mike and Frank from The American Pickers..only we don't drive in a Mercedes van..LOL. We did upgrade though from our truck to a cargo van...you should of seen us pile up that truck..if I only had pictures. We really did look like the Beverly Hillbilly's back then!

We decided to take these items to our antique show next weekend...but I thought I would share with you some of the items we were able to buy. If you double click on each picture, they should enlarge...I did say they should...


Carnival targets from the 1920's. Pictured are a Duck, Bulls Eye, Squirrels (back) & Roosters (front)

Carnival knokdowns- The Green Cat from early 1940's and the Black Americana ones are from 1920.

Another small knockdown and the wood milk bottle game with the original balls. I found out why you could never win at this game. The carnival would pound a nail through the bottom so the bottle would not fall down....CHEATERS.

This 1880 Barber Pole is made from wood. This is an awesome piece with the chippy paint.

Bob posted more pictures on Facebook if you would like to check them out.

Don't forget, the Monday Montage starts tomorrow...tell your friends.

2 comments:

  1. Wow beautiful treasure am loving that barber pole . Hope you do well at the show. Thanks for sharing. have a great weekend. hugs
    lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great finds!!! I'm sure you did feel like American Pickers. One of these days I'm going to drive over your way. Have a great Sunday, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.